In today’s tip, we look at 10 keyboard shortcuts that can help you to quickly navigate a Finder Window. Many of these only work when in List view.
- Option + ⌘ + Spacebar: opens a new Spotlight window.
- Option + ➜: Expands a folder and all folders inside of it.
- Option + ⬅︎: Collapses a folder and all folders inside of it.
- ⌘ + ⬆︎: Opens the Parent folder.
- Option + click the Close Button – Closes all Finder Windows.
- Option + click the Minimize button – Minimizes all Finder Windows.
- ➜ or ⬅︎: Expands or Collapses the currently selected folder.
- ⌘ + ⬇︎: Opens the currently selected folder.
- Tab: Selects the next icon, going alphabetically.
- Shift + Tab: Selects the previous icon, going alphabetically.
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app