When you display your Applications folder, does it take forever for all of the icons to load or display? This issue was plaguing me awhile back (and was a constant source of irritation) until I came across a fix.
To Speed Up Loading of Applications folder:
- Select Go > Utilities from the Finder menu.
- Click the Terminal icon to launch the Terminal application.
- Type: mv /Applications/.DS_Store /Applications/.DSStoreold
- Press Return on your keyboard.
Your Applications folder should hopefully load much faster now.
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app