Just a quick tip for today in which we look at the ⌘ + L keystroke combination. This is one of my favorite keystroke combos and one that I use quite often.
Using this shortcut, you can jump immediately to the Address Bar in your Web browser. This works with Safari, Chrome and Firefox. This can save a lot of keystrokes when typing in URL’s or conducting Web searches.
But that’s not all. In the application nvALT, this shortcut will also jump you to the search box where you can search your notes or create a new note.
In the Contacts application in Mac OS X (formerly Address Book), this keyboard shortcut, will automatically place you in Edit Mode for whatever contact you are viewing and place your mouse cursor in the First or Last Name field, depending on which one you display first. This works the same way in the Cobook application as well.
All in all, a nice time-saving little keyboard shortcut.
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Logitech Accessories on Sale Today for Amazon’s Deal of the Day
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Apple’s Best of 2014