If you wish, you can add useful Finder navigation commands to the Finder Toolbar. Select View > Customize Toolbar from the menu to display the Finder Toolbar menu or right-click anywhere on the toolbar and choose Customize Toolbar from the menu.
Then, drag the desired item(s) to the Finder toolbar.
Commands you can add or remove include:
- Quick Look
- New Folder
- Connect (allows you to connect to a server)
- View buttons
- Dropbox (quickly access your Dropbox folder)
- Eject (drive or disk)
- Burn (to burn a CD or DVD)
- Space (to add space between your icons)
- Label (to color code files and folder)
- Path (allows you to navigate through the current file path)
- Share (share items via social services or e-mail, Message, Air Drop, etc.)
To remove items from the toolbar, select View > Customize Toolbar from the menu and then drag items off the toolbar.
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application