If you need to take screen shots of your computer screen, you need look no further than the Preview app. With Preview, you can take a screen shot of an area of the screen that you have selected, a screen shot of an entire window or a shot of the entire screen. The results of the screen capture are then displayed in the Preview window, from where you can then edit or save the image.
Preview offers three different options for capturing your screen:
- From Selection – Preview takes a screen of an area that you select. Once your mouse pointer turns into a crosshair pointer, drag over the area of the screen that you would like to capture.
- From Window – Preview takes a screen shot of the entire window. Once your mouse pointer transforms into a miniature camera, click the window that you want to capture.
- From Entire Screen – Preview will take a screen shot of your entire computer screen. A 10 second timer begins, giving you time to switch to the view or window that you wish to capture.
To take a screen shot with capture with the Preview application, select File from the menu, point to Take Screen Shot and then make your selection.
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Logitech Accessories on Sale Today for Amazon’s Deal of the Day
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Apple’s Best of 2014