When backing up your system to Time Machine, you have the ability to encrypt your backups. This ensures that if someone steals your backup disk, they will be unable to access the data without knowing the proper password. This adds another level of security to your data.
To Encrypt a Time Machine Disc
- Click from the menu and click System Preferences
- Click Time Machine under the System category.
- Click the Select Disk button.
- Select the Disk you want to modify under the Available Disks area.
- Check the box next to Encrypt backups to select it.
- Type in the the password you want to use in the Backup password box.
- Retype the password you want to use in the Verify password box.
- Type in a password hint (to help you remember your password) in the Password hint box.
- Click the Encrypt Disk button.
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Apple’s Best of 2014
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature