The Preview application comes with a built-in Crop tool that quickly allows you to remove unwanted portions of an image in two steps.
All you have to do is drag around the area of the image that you want to keep with your cursor or using a three-finger drag if using a trackpad. Then, press the ⌘ + K keyboard combination or choose Tools > Crop from the menu. Voilà – instant crop.
Quick Guide: To Crop an Image in Preview
- Double-click the image to open it in the Preview application.
- With your mouse, click and drag around the area you want to keep. If using a Trackpad, use the three-finger drag
- Press ⌘ + K on your keyboard or choose Tools > Crop from the menu.
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature