Today, we continue our discussion of Services and keeping with our recent theme of Menu shortcuts. A few posts ago, we discussed how much time you can save by add keyboard shortcuts to your menu items. Good news – you can also add them to your Services! In fact, all of the services that I use regularly have keyboard shortcuts assigned to them.
Quick Guide: Assign Keyboard Shortcuts to Services
- Select > System Preferences from the menu.
- Click the Keyboard icon.
- Click the Shortcuts tab on top of the dialog box.
- Click Services in the left pane. Don’t be alarmed if the Spinning Beach Ball appears for a few moments. It takes a bit of time to load all the services.
- Click the Service in the right pane to which you want to assign a shortcut.
- Click add shortcut in the second column of the right pane.
- Tap out the keyboard shortcut for the Service.
That’s it! Now whenever you’re in an application relevant to the Service, just tap the keyboard shortcut to execute that Service.
- Logitech Accessories on Sale Today for Amazon’s Deal of the Day
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Apple’s Best of 2014
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app