I never, ever use the Caps Lock key – except when I press it by accident, that is. The problem with this, is that my keyboard doesn’t have an indicator light to let me know when the Caps Lock feature is turned on, which can be especially problematic when entering in my password on secure websites. Given that I never use the darn thing, I disabled it. Here’s how:
Quick Guide: To Disable the Caps Lock Key
- Select ➪ System Preferences from the menu.
- Click Keyboard.
- Click the Modifier Keys button on the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Caps Lock drop-down list and choose No Action. Click OK.
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Logitech Accessories on Sale Today for Amazon’s Deal of the Day
- Apple’s Best of 2014
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app