Many people like to listen to their iTunes library in Shuffle mode, myself included. However, there may be certain songs that you don’t wish to hear as part of your shuffle list. For instance, you might not necessarily want to listen to your Christmas songs in August or you may have other music that you only want to listen to on special occasions.
Luckily, you can easily exclude songs from your Shuffle list from the Get Info dialog box in iTunes.
Quick Guide: Exclude Songs from iTunes Shuffle List
- Select all of the songs that you wish to exclude.
- Select File ➪ Get Info from the menu.
Right-click the File List and choose Get Info from the contextual menu.
Press the ⌘ + I keyboard shortcut.
- Click the Edit Items button when asked if you want to edit information for multiple items.
- Click the Options tab on top of the Get Info window.
- Click the checkbox next to Skip when Shuffling.
- Click OK.
Now those songs will no longer play when you shuffle your main playlist. This trick will work for any playlist.
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Apple’s Best of 2014
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app