Apple made it exceptionally easy to subscribe to the Apple Music service and to take advantage of the three-month free trial the company offered. However, unsubscribing from Apple Music is not quite so straight-forward.
You can discontinue the service from either iTunes on your Mac or the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad. This method can be used for any recurring iTunes subscriptions that you wish to terminate.
- Open iTunes
- Tap the Account icon (next to your Apple ID) on the top right corner of the iTunes window.
- Click Account Info
- Type in your password when prompted.
- On the bottom of the window under the Settings area, click Manage across from Subscriptions.
- Click the Edit link next to Apple Music Membership.
- Click the Off radio button next to Automatic Renewal.
From the Apple Music App:
- Open the Apple Music app.
- Tap the Account icon in the top left corner of the app.
- Tap on View Apple ID
- Enter your password when prompted.
- Tap on Manage
- Tap on Your Membership next above Apple Music Membership.
- Tap the slider next to Automatic Renewal to the Off position.
- Tap Done.
If you change your mind later one and wish to resubscribe to Apple Music, follow these same instructions except turn the Automatic Renewal to the On position. Being a long time Spotify subscriber, I was initially undecided about Apple Music. But I finally took the plunge and so far, I’m loving the service. It looks like they’ve fixed those issues that plagued it initially. It’s definitely worth a look.
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Apple’s Best of 2014
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app