Awhile back, I mentioned some keyboard shortcuts for navigating the Get Info box in iTunes. In addition to the Get Info box, you can also navigate the main iTunes window using keyboard shortcuts to move from one media type to another.
Note however, that you can use a shortcut to jump to an item only if that item is enabled in the General pane of your iTunes preferences. To enable an item, choose iTunes > Preferences from the menu and click the checkbox next to any item that you wan to enable.
The shortcuts are as follows:
- Cmd + 1 = Music
- Cmd + 2 = Movies
- Cmd + 3 = TV Shows
- Cmd + 4 = Podcasts
- Cmd + 5 = iTunes U
- Cmd + 6 = AudioBooks
- Cmd + 7 = Apps
If you are using Mavericks, you might wonder: where’s my Books? Any books that you have purchased from the iTunes store have been moved to the iBooks app.
- Apple’s Best of 2014
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Logitech Accessories on Sale Today for Amazon’s Deal of the Day
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app