Did you know that the Calculator application in OS X can serve as a conversion program in addition to being a calculator? With Calculator, you can convert area, temperature, volume, speed and more. One use that I find it handy for is converting temperatures – Fahrenheit to Celsius and vice-versa. You might want to explore some of the many conversion options.
In the example below, we will convert 25 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit.
To Convert Celsius to Fahrenheit
- Open the Calculator application.
- Press the C key to clear the memory.
- Type (or click) in the value that you want to convert. For instance, to convert 25 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit, you would type in 25.
- Click Convert on the menu.
- Click Temperature from the menu.
- Click the From drop-down list and choose Celsius.
- Click the To drop-down list and choose Fahrenheit.
- Click OK. Calculator displays the result.