Many people use QR Codes as a quick way to pass on information to others. For instance, you can create QR Codes to make it easy for people to follow you on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Foursquare and much more.
QR Codes are also an excellent way to automatically import your contact information to someone else’s Contacts application. How you do this, is to create a QR Code that contains contact details in vCard format. Instructions are below. I was playing around with this the other day and thought it was cool enough to share.
Quick Guide: Create QR Codes with your Contact Information
- Go to http://www.qrstuff.com
- Click the Contact Details radio button under the Data Type area.
- Under the Content area, select the vCard radio button.
- Fill in any information that you want included in the QR Code. This could include First Name, Last Name, cell, address, etc.
- Click the Download QR Code button.
- Place the image on your Web site so people can scan it or you can e-mail it people as well. When they scan it, your information will be added to the Contacts application.
Note: There are several free QR Code Scanner apps available in the App store.